A proposed new leisure development for Staffordshire Moorlands.
- New indoor and outdoor leisure facilities open to site visitors and the local community
- Creating around 250 new jobs for the area
- 230 new construction jobs being created
- A further 78 jobs being created off site
- £1m of additional spending in local shops, restaurants and other services
- Regenerating a former quarry
Following outline planning approval in 2016, a Reserved Matters planning application has now been submitted to Staffordshire Moorlands District Council. This covers the first phase of development and provides the detailed proposals for 190 lodges, along with a number of associated leisure facilities. An additional full planning application will be submitted shortly for the refurbishment of former laboratory buildings on the site to provide other indoor leisure uses.
THE MONEYSTONE PARK PROPOSALS INCLUDE:
- New indoor and outdoor recreation facilities to suit all ages
- Up to 250 high quality holiday lodges
- Introducing new footpath and cycle routes linking directly to the Staffordshire Way and attractions in the wider Churnet Valley
- Transforming the former quarry site into an attractive and sustainable leisure facility